WanderingScribe

Feb, 2006. For the past five months I have been living alone in a car at the edge of the woods — jobless and homeless and totally unable to find a way out. I can't sing, I can't dance, I can't scream loudly enough, alI I can do is write. So here I am laying down tracks...hopefully the start of an online paper trail out of here. (Update: my blog was 'discovered' and I eventually got a publishing deal and made it out of my car to write a book about it... Miracles do happen.)

Friday, June 01, 2012

...I hear it in my deep heart's core

I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree
 And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made:
 Nine bean-rows will I have there, a hive for the honey-bee,
 And live alone in the bee-loud glade.

 And I shall have some peace there, for peace comes dropping slow,
 Dropping from the veils of the morning to where the cricket sings;
 There midnight's all a glimmer, and noon a purple glow,
 And evening full of the linnet's wings.
 I will arise and go now, for always night and day
 I hear lake water lapping with low sounds by the shore.
 Whether on the roadway or on the pavements grey
 I hear it in my deep heart's core

W.B. Yeats

 (I read this poem with a microphone in front of 60 or so people at his graveside. He used to recite poems, from memory all the time on car journeys, and this was one of his favourite Yeat's poems. His endless reciting would often bore and infuriate me as a young, stroppy teenager, but somehow the poetry got in and passed on. I like to think he would have been proud of me standing there in the cold the other day reciting it from memory down to his coffin.

You'll be missed...I hope you're reciting poems in heaven...I wouldn't doubt you boy...)

22 Comments:

At 3:11 pm, Blogger MusicGirl23 said...

While my dad is still alive and well, my mom died not that long ago. Sending hugs from across the ocean.

 
At 6:24 pm, Anonymous iamsarahharris said...

Hi there. I have just this minute finished reading your book and found your blog only to find this sad news that only happened last night. I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you are ok xx

 
At 8:34 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too have literally a few moments ago finished reading your book. My curiosity led me to your blog, where I have read of your loss. Keep strong Anya x

 
At 9:12 am, Anonymous sport live said...

I'd like to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this site. I really hope to see the same high-grade blog posts by you in the future as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my own, personal website now ;)

 
At 8:36 am, Blogger nat198211 said...

Thoughts r with u anya xx

 
At 2:54 pm, Blogger Enigma Bravado said...

your a brave girl... Even though you became depressed still you didn't quit. Hands up for you...but unfortunately this is the only time I had read your blog from readers digest and you inspired me too... Now I realized that every depression still comes a sheer of light. A big yes for a great task...

 
At 8:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have just finished reading your book,made me angry & sad at the same time,but praise God you have come a long way to recovery,and sorry to hear about your Father.
Erna

 
At 12:58 pm, Blogger Julie Smith said...

Hi Anya

I am so so sorry to hear you lost your Dad (Brendan) may he rest in peace and may you stay strong.....Your a fighter girl

Remember you are never alone as you have many friends on here including myself...

Take care sweetheart xx

 
At 11:05 am, Anonymous morocco tours said...

nice blog !!!

 
At 2:54 pm, Anonymous María said...

Hola!, Soy de Argentina.
Leí tu historia en http://www.taringa.net/posts/femme/15694009/las-noches-que-pase-en-mi-auto.html

La verdad muy triste :C No podría vivir así.
Ojala cumplas tu metas y dejes el pasado atrás!.

 
At 5:57 am, Blogger Muneeb Alam said...

Advertise your sites with us Click here

 
At 2:32 am, Anonymous obat herbal ace maxs said...

I just finished reading your book made ​​me angry and sad at the same time

 
At 8:17 am, Blogger zafar said...

New Aston Martin Rapid, 2013 Hyandai Veloster Turbo Mazda Takeri Concept and Top Companies of Most popular Cars and Vehicles. Total Concept Cars in the World, Latest Strange Vehicles in the World, All Concept Cars and Strange Vehicles Hot pictures and info
worldlatestvehicles.com

 
At 3:30 pm, Blogger Muhammad Ramzan said...

Hi admin you have share your with us i think your book i find really adventured ....
sandhi sudha plus
DENGUE

 
At 10:08 am, Anonymous Rahasia Forex said...

awesome..

 
At 8:57 am, Anonymous buy rs gold said...

Thanks for another fantastic
article. The place else may anybody get that type of info
in such a perfect method of writing? I have a presentation subsequent
week, and I am at the look for such information.runescape gold

 
At 10:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought your book was fantastic. Your so strong and brave. Wish you a happy life. sorry to read about yr dad. : )

 
At 2:22 am, Anonymous Inverter said...

thanks blog

 
At 10:42 pm, Blogger ahmed said...

Thanks very possible, please visit my humble blog

شبكة انت والعالم
شبكة انت والعالم
شبكة انت والعالم
شبكة انت والعالم
شبكة انت والعالم

 
At 1:30 pm, Blogger Afrida tasnin said...

Thanks for your post.We pay top cash for junk and scrap cars.
Towing is on us, so you don't have to worry about the cost of towing.
We are Based in Richmond, BC and offer junk car removal and pay cash upfront for cars.
Unlike most Scrap Car Removal companies which most of their revenue come from towing service not from junk car removal service,
our service is exclusively in scrap car removal business, and we don't do public towing.

scrap car removal

junk car removal

cash for junk cars

cash for scrap cars

junk car towing

scrapping car

cars for cash

scrap car yards

 
At 6:21 am, Anonymous Ameliajack said...

Love to see your brilliant article and also waiting for more interesting articles in your blog. I read your every blog.
Manual Tyre Changer

 
At 6:21 am, Anonymous Ameliajack said...

Love to see your brilliant article and also waiting for more interesting articles in your blog. I read your every blog.
Manual Tyre Changer

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home